Adoption Timeline

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Lead Me to the Cross

We have been studying Philippians in our home group and one of the questions that keeps coming up is "What stirs your affection for the Lord?" and "What robs your affection for the Lord?" I think other nations stir my affection for the Lord. I think it is so amazing to see the God of the universe work in areas that I did not even know exist. It reminds me of just how BIG our God truly is. I think music also stirs my affection for the Lord. I have always been one that music helps me focus, helps me study better, run faster or just work harder. Worship music helps me to stop my racing thoughts about all that is going on and just focus on Him.

Something else that I have been thinking about lately is those moments in life that cause me to bow at the feet of Christ. Maybe it was a time when I felt so helpless that all I knew was to go to the cross. Or maybe it was a time when I was so overwhelmed with joy and I stopped to realize that our God deserves all the thanks and praise. Whatever the situation may be, I pray that I am consumed by these moments. I know that when we wander from the cross that the Lord never leaves us, but I wish I never wandered. I wish that every second of every day that I am constantly seeking the Lord. Unfortunately, I confess, I still wander. Today I pray again..."Lead me to the Cross."

Savior I come, quiet my soul
Remember, Redemptions hill
where your blood was spilled
for my ransom
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as loss
Lead me to the cross
where your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to you
Oh lead me, lead me to the cross
Lead me to cross. Hillsong.

2 comments:

  1. Love that song. Love this post. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I miss our sweet times of Jeremy Camp Live playing in the background while we studied in our cute little house...well, not so much the studying part, but I definitely miss YOU!

    ReplyDelete