Adoption Timeline

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

In the beginning...

As I sit down to really try and identify a certain moment in time where I knew we would adopt, I really can't.  I can say, that my heart has always been heavy for the orphan, for the fatherless (or motherless).  It started with several short term mission trips where I saw first hand the need for mommies and daddies.  As I have mentioned before, I don't know why God choose me to be born in Flower Mound, why I was so blessed to have both a mommy and a daddy to love me and raise me, but I was....that was His plan for me.  As a grew older, it became obvious, there is life beyond this town. There are lives here in the U.S. and lives around the world that are hurting and broken.

But friends, let me remind you, that wherever you were born, whatever you were born into, we are all broken.  But He is our healer, He is our rescuer.

So this desire stirred in our heart...an ache to love more.  Where did this desire come from?  I can promise you one thing, it is not of my own flesh.  I believe, that our God stirred in us this desire. Our ultimate Father, can take all brokenness and make good.  So this ache...it's HIS heart.  He loves each child he created....myself included. Once I believed that, that I am loved...then over time that love poured out.  Again, not of my flesh, but of His.

His love can be poured out in so many ways...His work in each of us is unique and different. But, with confidence, I can say, His plan for our family is to grow through adoption. This is one way we are being called to love more. 

"We love because He first loved us" 1 John 4:19

Adoption was actually a topic of conversation the night Matt and I met. I had just came home from Zambia and was quick to tell of all God did. You would have thought that might scare him off...but I guess God was doing a work in his heart too.  So from the first day we met...it was there...this ache. We didn't know what it would look like, but we simply followed. One conversation turned into the next, one circumstance led to another, and here we find ourselves in 2016 waiting for this child to call our own. We love her though we have not met her, we love her even though there is just a hope for her. 

Thank you God for loving us, broken as we are.  May your love overflow in our family and may we be a glimmer of light in the darkness.

“In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:16


3 comments:

  1. Love, love this and you! SO thankful for a healing God! Your sweet babies are SO blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes my heart happy to read what is on your heart. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this so much! Beautiful thoughts from a beautiful heart. I am so excited to watch this journey unfold and to be even a small part of it :)

    ReplyDelete