Adoption Timeline

Monday, May 23, 2016

Be Near Oh God



One of the things that speaks to my heart the most is music.  No matter what my mood is, I can usually find the perfect song fitting for that day.  So, I want to start sharing different songs that have spoken to me. Maybe someone will run across one of these songs and be encouraged.

There are some songs that just stick with me...songs that the minute you begin to hear the intro, your mind and heart are drawn back to a particular place and time. 

I heard this song on the radio this week and immediately felt a flood of emotions that I had felt in May 3rd, 2014. 

Shane and Shane "Be Near Oh God"

That weekend was our annual "Friendcation."  Several of my bestest friends from highschool and our families pack up the car and head out to celebrate a long weekend full of fun and craziness! It was of course, an amazing trip because, well it just always is amazing when I'm with these girls.  But that Saturday morning, a little bit of darkness was cast on our trip. 

Without going into details, my heart was broken. 

Now, there is a CD that Wyatt listens to every naptime and at bedtime...a lullaby CD. Well, I remembered the CD player, but left his CD at home for the trip.  So, I pulled out an old Shane and Shane CD and put that in to play while he slept.  I have no doubt, that God planned for that CD to be with me that day.  As I sat laying on the bottom bunk bed, I was at a loss for words.  But no words were necessary...because in the background, Wyatt's music from his naptime quietly played...

For dark is light to You
Depths are height to You
Far is near
But Lord, I need to hear from You

Be near, oh God
Be near, oh God of us
Your nearness is to us our good



"But as for me, it is good to be near God.    I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge;
    I will tell of all your deeds."Psalm 73:28

"If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me    and the light become night around me,” even the darkness will not be dark to you;
    the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. " Psalm 139:11-12


So, if you are feeling a little distance from the Lord, know that He is NEAR.  Even when you cannot feel Him...He is near....in the darkness and in the Light.



1 comment:

  1. My all time favorite song! LOve you friend. Music speaks volumes to my soul too!! Such an uplifter sometimes!

    ReplyDelete