Adoption Timeline

Saturday, November 7, 2020

Adoption/Foster Journey #3 Part 4

Adoption/Foster Journey #3 Part 4

July 2020


We still feel stuck.  Cases are rising of COVID in the US, China is halting all flights in through October, and our agency can't give us any timeline on when anything could change.  Right now, no families are being allowed into China. No one has traveled since February.  5 months.  The few families that did travel early in the pandemic had to be quarentined 2 weeks in each city and at home. But even that seems impossible right now.

I feel like we have big decisions to make soon. And the weight is hard.  We would love another child, we want to adopt again.  But is it China again God?  Or is it something else? (Again, remember in the state of Texas, you cannot pursue international and fostering). Did I tell you how many children are waiting in the foster care system? Or how many kids with severe special needs are waiting here?  I don't think there is a wrong answer.....I guess just legally we can only pursue one route at a time.

I feel like I am living in a sea of unknown...where I can't see the shore.  I feel like no decision seems to be the right one, because somehow there is a barrier to each way we step.

If not now, when?
In not China, where?
If not her, who?
And maybe even, if not adoption again, then what?

Spirit lead us where are trust is without borders....
Praying for clarity on decisions and praying for China to give us updates on the future of adoption.  And praying the world is seeing you move Lord.  You are the Waymaker.  Now if I just knew which way?



No comments:

Post a Comment